The United Arab Emirates which consists of seven emir states: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, Ras al-Khaimah and Umm al-Qaiwain is one of the wealthier Arab nations.
Using your home phone there can be really expensive that is why it’s best to switch to their local network provider. In this post, we will list the best and cheap data plan in UAE and code to subscribe for them.
Telecom Provider In United Arab Emirates.
There is two main Telecom provider in the United Arab Emirates which are Etisalat and Du Mobile. Both compete with each other to offer the best service which is available to both locals and travelers. They both offer good network coverage and internet speed across the country.
You can only experience bad signal when you head closer to the desert region which has been a major problem for locals and foreigners. The UAE network operator offer 2G, 3G and 4G services on the GSM platform and you can buy a SIM card by showing your passport. After filling out the registration form, your SIM will be ready and active when you purchase it.
Note: There are tough rules and regulations in Dubai, so it’s advisable you download VPN before traveling there so you can access the internet while you are in Dubai without been monitor. The local authorities also monitor social media so be careful what you post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Best Data Plan In UAE 2018
Below are the best data plan available in UAE and their subscription codes.
Etisalat Data Plan In UAE
Etisalat is the biggest Telcom operator in the UAE that offers stable network coverage and fast speed internet connection with an affordable data plan. They provide 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE on GSM platform. You can buy their prepaid SIM card from their official stores by following the guidelines above.
They have a Wesel” prepaid SIM cards which can be purchased for AED55 in all sizes and comes with an AED1 bonus, valid for a day. You can also purchase their credit vouchers in the following denominations: AED25, AED50, AED100, AED200 or AED500, and can be added by dialing *120*#. To check your balance dial *121#. And dial *140# to check if your SIM card is registered properly or it might get shut down. The prepaid SIM cards can last up to 9 Month after your last recharge.
Below are the Etisalat Data Plan UAE Prepaid
- 100MB for AED5, activation: SD
- 250MB for AED10, activation: D250M
- 100MB: AED15, activation: W100M
- 500MB: AED35, activation: W500M
- 1GB: AED50, activation: W1G
- 250MB: AED30, activation: 250M
- 1GB: AED100, activation: 1G
- 3GB: AED150, activation: 2G
- 5GB: AED200, activation: 5G
- 7GB: AED250, activation: 7G
- 10GB: AED300, activation: 10G
- 20GB: AED450, activation: 20G
You can buy the data plan by SMS the activation code to 1010 or dial *170# to choose your desired plan. Other data plans include Etisalat booster packs which are also available as follows
- 100MB: AED20, activation: ADD100M
- 500MB: AED40, activation: ADD500M
- 1GB: AED60, activation: ADD1G
You can also use a visitor line for AED100 with the following plan.
Talk, text & surf: 30 local & International minutes + 30 local & International SMS + 500MB of mobile data
Surf: 1GB of mobile data + 5 hours through Etisalat Wi-Fi
Each plan is valid for 14 days. To select other plans dial *101#.
Etisalat Combo Plan
To subscribe for Combo plan Daily 50MB AED2.5 dial *135*7# and to Unsubscribe dial *135*3*1#.
Etisalat Monthly Combo Prepaid Data Plan
- Small 100MB data 60 minutes AED 40
- New Combo 100 1GB data 100 minutes AED 100
- New Combo 150 2GB data 150 minutes AED 150
- New Combo 200 3GB data 300 minutes AED 200
Etisalat Social Data Plan
This social plan you can use it to access Facebook, Twitter, BBM and LinkedIn. dial *135*3*2# to subscribe or choose your preferred social plan.
Etisalat Social Plus Daily Bundles
This daily social plus is only valid for one day
- Social Chat + Minutes 150MB @ 64Kbps AED 2 *135*5*2# to activate
- Social Plus + Minutes 150MB @ 64Kbps AED 3 *135*5*2# to activate
- Social Plus + Data + Minutes 150MB @ 64Kbps AED 5 *135*5*2# to activate
You can use the social chat on Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, WeChat, Viber Chat, Line.
The Social Plus is for Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, WeChat, Viber Chat, Line, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest.
For more information, visit Etisalat website here http://www.etisalat.ae/en/index.jsp
Du Mobile Data Plan In UAE
Du Mobile is also another operator that offer good network coverage and fast internet speed in the United Arab Emirates. Their data plan is 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE services on a GSM platform. You can purchase their Prepaid SIM at their official store only which include…
Pay as you go: AED55 – 20 minutes international call valid for 1 day
Tourist Plan: AED75 – 200MB data, 20 minutes international calls valid for 7 days. This tourism SIM card is only valid for 90 days.
After the SIM activation, you can still extend the validity period by dialing *135# and by following the prompts.
Other data packages are as follows…
- 160MB: AED20, text “data 80MB o” to 1355
- 450MB: AED50, text “data 300MB o” to 1355
- 1GB: AED100, text “data 1GB o” to 1355
- 3GB: AED150, only available online, or ask in store for more details
- 5GB: AED200, text “data 5GB o” to 1355
- 10GB: AED300, only available online, or ask in store for more details
- 25GB: AED500, text “data 25GB o” to 1355
With AED200, you will get 1GB of data, valid for one week. Activate by dialing *135*20#. Dial *135# to check your balance.
Hints To Note: Before traveling to the United Arab Emirates, you need to know the following tips…
- Locals call a SIM card a “SIM” or “Chip”
- The official language is Arabic but English is widely spoken and there are many expat communities
- When you purchase a SIM, ask the seller to set it up for you or you can go to the official Website to get help or advice
- Download a VPN on your phone before traveling so you can have full access to the internet and social networks